Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gym & Training Day 16 Recap

I'm really starting to love the routine of going to the gym.  I drop the kids off, stow my swimming stuff in the locker then take my stuff to the "girly" workout room and get on the treadmill then do my weights/cardio workout after.  There are a few regulars that I see in the gym, but for the most part I just do my thing and enjoy the peace and quiet of being in there.

5k in 00:30:48!
The TVs in the gym play the news and talk shows so I do get to see whats going on in the world, but I stick with listening to music on my iPhone so I don't really hear the stories they are talking about.

Checking my calendar a little more closely, my running training program said that I needed to run 3 miles, bumped up from 2.5 miles last week.  As much as I want to follow plan I just can't run 3 miles without stretching it out to a 5k!  I mean really?  0.11 miles is not that big of a stretch, right?

After a few days off of running due to the weekend it was great to get back at it.  Had a great long run last week, but the weekend was full of birthday cakes and Fair food, so I was a bit discouraged by the scale Tuesday morning.

Negative Split!  What?
That first warm up mile still is a battle, but about the 3rd mile now I'm getting into a rhythm that I'm sure is "The Zone".  I think if I could keep up that pace without distraction I probably could run a marathon.

The one frustration I have is that the treadmill and my Nike App are a little off on the distance so the Treadmill said I did it in 30:48, but the Nike App said something different.

After a cool down it came out to moving for 33:51 total time.

My favorite part of the workout today was seeing my splits.  For once they were pretty consistent and FAST!  Starting out with a 10:24 and having a negative split was an awesome feeling!  Having a slower one after that came I'm sure because I pushed it on mile 2.

My monthly miles are amazing too.  Running consistently sure does rack them up!  After Day 16 I'm at 37 miles for the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment