Tuesday, June 23, 2015

5 Warning Signs That You're Addicted to Working Out

As a former high school and college basketball player, I knew that I always had to workout to better myself for my sport, but it's only been recently where I've really become someone who is addicted to working out.  I think this time it's more important because it isn't because I have to do it for a team or a coach, but because I'm doing it for myself.

The following is a list of how I knew that I was a workout addict.   
  1. You immediately start to notice the type of shoes people are wearing and begin to have shoe envy.
  2. I know when I was younger I always had shoe envy when I played basketball.  I grew up in the era of Michael Jordon, when sports shoe companies were just starting to market to the masses.  I still remember the aqua and purple Air Jordon's a classmate of mine had and i WANTED!  I swear if I could find them now I'd buy them.Now though I notice mostly running shoes.  I look at people wearing expensive running shoes usually in the grocery store and wonder if they know they know that they are wearing the NASCAR car of running shoes instead of commuter car shoe they probably should be sporting.  
  3. You've only been going to the gym for three weeks but you knew your locker lock combo after the first day.
  4. I don't know what it was about this locker lock, but I had it memorized by the first day!  I used to hate gym lockers in school, but the one at the gym is my lifesaver.  I can do all my workouts without having to carry anything more than my phone and a workout mat.
  5. You have a whole page of workout apps on your iPhone.
  6. Yes...I'm guilty.  I have more than my fair share of workout apps.  The one I've used the longest is my Nike App.  I've logged 600+ miles on it and love the way it speaks to me while I run.  I just recently have done more with all it's bells and whistles.  I probably need to even spend more time looking at it, but really, when you run, all you do is set it and forget it.
  7. When your kids wake up in the morning and see what you're wearing they ask if you're going to work out.
  8. I have a pretty good routine going with my kids about working out.  I bribe them with a trip to the gym if they stay in the Kids Club while Mommy works out.  When I worked out at home my daughter, who I swear is slightly OCD, or just being a very truthful 5 year old, would guilt trip me if I didn't do my workouts.
  9. You're making blog posts about how you're addicted to working out.
  10. Enough said...right?  I'm addicted, but I think for the first time in my life it's the best thing to be addicted to.  Working out has not only changed my life physically, but it's changed my life mentally as well.  I've become more confident, feel more energetic during the day and I sleep better at night.
  Do you see the signs in yourself?  Do you see different signs?  Share with me your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment