Friday, June 12, 2015

Gym & Training Day 09 Recap

Day 09 of Training, Thursday, is a short day, due to Friday being my long day...so I planned to do a 1 Mile for time, to test myself  & Pilates Fix.

Under a 10:00 mile!!!
My short run yesterday was AWESOME!!!  Knowing it was going to be short I pushed myself to the extreme, or as extreme as I could.  I started out at a 5.0  for about a quarter mile to get myself warmed up, then upped the speed to 6.9! At first I was distracted by the sound of my feet pounding on the machine, but I kind of used some of my meditation tricks to focus on my breathing and pushed through the mile with no trouble.  I doubt at this point that I could run that fast for any extended length of time or distance, but it felt great to at least do a mile that fast.

My final mile time came out to under 10 minutes!  I haven't done that in FOREVER!!!

Planking!!!
Pilates Fix wasn't easy yesterday, but it definitely was easier than last week.  I need to workout how to do planking.  Right now I do all of them bent kneed due to my broken foot, but I don't think I'm getting the full benefit of doing the exercises that way.  Maybe I need to do half regular and half bent knee because really the toe touches and leg lifts don't seem to be doing anything for me the modified way I'm doing them now.

All in all it was an A+ day!  Friday's long run might be switched to a weekend run because hubby is off work today.  I should know in a few hours if I'll have to reschedule my friday workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment