Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Diet food" not "diet food" any more...

Shakeology comes in Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry,
Greenberry, Tropical Strawberry (Vegan), and
Chocolate (Vegan)
.




,
As you may have figured out now by reading my posts, I'm a runner, I workout regularly and this year I became a Beachbody Coach.

My running career started in 2013 but it wasn't until 2015 that I got introduced to Beachbody after a friend saw that my running was doing great things for me but I needed that extra cross training to push me into a whole new category as a runner.  Since January, I've been using their DVDs and the nutritional program 21 Day Fix, but my favorite part of their company comes in the form of what most people call "chocolate crack" AKA Shakeology.

I've never been one to drink anything more than sports drinks to help my sports performance, but I've fallen in love with Shakeology since starting to drink it.  Not only has it helped me drop almost 15lbs of weight which is making my running easier not only mentally but physically, it's nutritional content helps me feel like I'm fueling my body with something good.  I've pretty much given up my soda habit, and the ice cream and cupcakes that were my favorite desert items have gone away.  When the craving strikes, as corny as it sounds, I reach for Shakeology instead of junk food!

Lately, due to my workout schedule and the kids being out of school for summer, I drink it in the morning for breakfast...

Studies have shown that people who start the day with a protein-rich breakfast consume 200 fewer calories per day. Part of this reason is because the amino acids help dull hunger, leaving you feeling fuller for longer! Shakeology has a whopping 15 grams of protein so drink Shakeology in the AM if you're looking to lose weight! (From the Beachbody.com)

This morning I mixed up a new recipe that I found online and it came out tasting like I drank a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie!  Normally I would have had coffee with added sugar and some frozen waffles, but today I've started it with something that only tastes great, but its setting me up for a great workout later and keeping me in line to lose the weight I need to lose.

For more information on Shakeology  check out the video below...

No comments:

Post a Comment