Friday, June 19, 2015

Gym & Training Day 14 Recap

No workout yesterday.  I know, I know, no excuses, but sometimes when your 2 year old throws at tantrum you have to adapt.

Everything was going well yesterday.  We went to my daughters dance class, did some errands, and even made it to the gym without big incident.

Then what I'm calling "my lunch mistake" threw the whole rest of my day off.  At first I started to blame my kids for their horrible meltdowns that runined the whole rest of the afternoon, but I realized it was something I did that caused it all.  I brought two lunchables to the gym for the kids and a tunafish and crackers pack for me.  Of course my children chose to eat my tunafish instead of their lunchables and because there was only one of them a fight ensued.

After trying to calm BOTH kids, I eventually took them to the pool instead of Kids Club (aka daycare).  At first my son decided he wanted to take a nap instead of swimming so he sat in my lap while my daughter swam then he decided to swim so I got him changed and had him swim for a bit.

For whatever reason, after that my daughter had tantrum leaving the gym. (If you're keeping score that's two tantrums in about two hours.)  She got calmed down enough when we got home but later, after dinner, she had another tantrum that this time involved the entire rest of the family. (Still keeping score?  That's 3 tantrums in a six hour time span.)

So as you can see...it technically is an excuse as to why I didn't work out, but at the same time, my children are young enough where I can't ignore them, so if I have to sacrifice a workout every now and then I guess I can just make it up another day.  So today, Friday, I'll be making up for my missed Thursday.  I'm going to do my long run and do Total Body Cardio Fix.

Saturday is my oldest's 5th birthday party and Sunday is Father's Day.  I'll probably not get in another workout this week, but next week is a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment